Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Preliminary study on effects of caffeine and acetaminophen

First off, I would have put Tylenol, but someone doesn't like me using brand names. And I'm all about making everyone happy. I saw a few articles on this, and I thought it was interesting. I think the comment that sums it up is "there are a million miles between E.Coli and humans." However, there is some very serious validity to this article. Here's the link to the Fox News article (no comments on the source, please) It also had an interesting few words from Dr. Steven Lidofsky that even mentioned Cyp2E1 possibly being responsible. Kind of crazy to see that in a general article like this one.

Here's a BBC article on the topic too. Apparently paracetamol is the same as acetaminophen. Oh, those crazy Brits!

Also, this only pertains to high doses of caffeine, so it didn't seem to cause concern with migraine meds that contain caffeine and APAP or Fioricet, oh, excuse me-the butalbital, caffeine and acetaminophen combination drug commonly referred to as Fioricet.

I tried to find the original article on this one; if I do find it, I'll be sure to post it, my faithful blog-reader(s).

1 comment:

whatsgood said...

Jared..what's the agenda for this week. I just HAVE to know! I also need some Provigil. Can you hook it up?