Thursday, February 21, 2008

And now for something completely different

So, I saw a couple of things that weren't exactly drug related, but still pertinent, so I'll just throw them all into one post.

Cat-naps=good according to this article. Of course, I'll still take a longer nap whenever I wants to. Something to remember when you are cramming late at night for those dang therapy exams. Just remember to wake up after 6 minutes.

Your patients won't care how much you know until they know how much you care. Sometimes overused, but still an important idea. This article from CNN/Oprah.com was passed on to me by someone who doesn't think I am empathetic enough-I won't say who. Anways, a lot of what it talks about is very pertinent to think about when we talk with our patients and being more empathetic and better caregivers.

Google: The saviour of EMR? So this topic raises so many questions and concerns that I won't even get into, but Google is looking at storing health records online. Good? Bad? To be decided...

No comments: