Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Medicated creams and lotions

Laura Behm forwarded this CNN article on to me, and it's a good reminder that OTC meds can be dangerous as well. The story of Arielle Newman is especially notable for me-I remember hearing about it last year and warning the high school kids I was coaching to be aware that excess use of even OTC meds can be extremely dangerous.

I also received this article from Tom Welch. It reminds us of the importance of counseling patients and the effect meds can have. It has an 8-step reminder system for patients. With the untimely, and apparently drug-related, death of Heath Ledger, hopefully it will serve as yet another wake-up call for the importance of pharmacists. Here's the latest on Heath at WSJ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great read. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practice anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)